Monday, April 2, 2012

Highlights: March 2012

Hello readers!

I thought I'd experiment with a new little feature where I highlight my month from all different angles:


Books:

This month I read the following:

Life from Scratch by Melissa Ford
Rating: 4/5          Pages: 266           Page Goal: 4,308/15,000
The Love of Her Life by Harriet Evans
Rating: 4/5          Pages: 427           Page Goal: 4,735/15,000
Sail by James Patterson
Rating: 4/5          Pages: 414           Page Goal: 5,149/15,000
The Rain Before it Falls by Jonathan Coe
Rating: 2/5          Pages: 240           Page Goal: 5,389/15,000
Colin Preston Rocked and Rolled by Bert Murray
Rating: 2/5          Pages: 251           Page Goal: 5,640/15,000 


These five books created a total of 1,598 pages read in March. If I had to choose a favorite, it would have to be The Love of Her Life. Least favorite? Definitely Colin Preston Rocked and Rolled.


School:
Since my classes are in 8-week courses, I completed one class in Management Communications and have started another class in Management Principles and Practices. And I got to enjoy a Spring Break, yay!


Crafts:

Even though I posted here about my desire to get some sewing in, I didn't accomplish much. I have done a basting stitch on that skirt to keep it from unraveling, but that's it. What an uneventful month for crafting!


Travel:

I put in approximately 1,381 miles in March, so about 20 hours of windshield time. Only 483 miles of that was for work. I only completed one audiobook: You've Been Warned by James Patterson (no review written).


Personal:

Matt and I have gotten spring cleaning fever this past month! We have managed to deep-clean the kitchen, living room, begin purging the office, convert to summer wardrobes (so early!), and rearrange the bedroom. We're looking forward to continuing to clean throughout April.

We also set the date for our wedding: April 6th, 2013, which is our 6-year anniversary :) Let the planning begin!

In the middle of this month I joined a toning and sculpting fitness class at the college where I work. It's kicking my butt because I'm so out-of-shape, but it feels so good afterwards. I can already see a difference in my waistline.

I became an aunt again on March 30th to a beautiful little boy, and I couldn't be happier for my wonderful brother and sister-in-law. Congratulations!

Future:

Matt and I are planning a trip to Spearfish, SD in celebration of our 5-year anniversary. We will be leaving this month. We are so excited to take a long, relaxing trip with few plans and no hassles.

Picture:

Me, at Mount Rushmore, in October 2010.

So, readers, what were your March 2012 highlights?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Leave your comment below!