Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Book Review: Split Second by David Baldacci

Hi everyone!

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend! Matt and I certainly did on our vacation in South Dakota. I've already started this week so refreshed and happy. I forget how great it feels to take a real vacation, where you don't travel to see anyone or do anything in particular: AMAZING! But more on that later...

I also managed to finish a book this weekend, even though I didn't get as much reading in as I would've liked (who does?). This book was loaned to me from my mom, who borrowed it from a friend. My mom gave it 5 stars, which proved extremely promising for me. We have very similar tastes in books, but I often rate books a little higher than she does. When she gives a book a 5, it's pretty much guaranteed that I'll love it. And I did!

Here's the Goodreads summary of Split Second by David Baldacci:

This explosive novel and instant New York Times bestseller is the tale of two disgraced Secret Service agents racing against time to find the common thread that connects a series of assassinations and abductions. 

I hate when summaries are this small. To be honest, based on the summary, I would not have picked this novel up if not for my mom's recommendation. I've never read any of David Baldacci's novel, nor have I really had a desire to.


This novel started out a little slow and confusing. I was lost in the quantity of characters, multiple locations, and hasty transitions. One quarter of the way in, I was about to give up. I convinced myself to continue, since it had been so highly recommended to me. Suddenly, I got into the groove of things and found myself thinking about this book constantly when I wasn't reading it. I was hooked and drank it up like it was a delicious margarita. Not only is this book a definite read for those of you who love suspense, but it's got me hooked on the series. I can't wait to read more from Baldacci!


Here are my stats:
Split Second by David Baldacci
Rating: 5/5
Pages: 484
2012 Reading Goal: 6,239/15,000


So, readers, have you ever had a book so great that started out sour?


Have a wonderful week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Leave your comment below!