Sunday, April 15, 2012

Book Review: The Quickie by James Patterson

Hello again, everyone!

I'm trying to knock these reviews out so I don't have to worry about them weeks down the road. Yesterday was a super productive day for me as far as reading goes, which means it was pretty unproductive otherwise...

I started and finished reading James Patterson's The Quickie. This was one I borrowed from my mom, who borrowed it from a friend, so I wanted to get it back to her as soon as possible. Even without the recommendation, I would have picked this book up, because I love Patterson. Here's the Goodreads summary for The Quickie:

With the perfect marriage and a great job, Lauren Stillman loves her wonderful life . . . until she sees her husband with another woman. Devastated and lusting for revenge, Lauren has her own affair. It's supposed to be a quickie, but Lauren's night of passion takes a shocking turn when she witnesses an unbelievable and deadly crime.

Now her horrifying secret threatens to tear her life apart, pitting her need to uncover the truth against her fear that the truth may be too horrible to bear. And whichever choice she makes may cost her dearly-her job, her marriage . . . or even her life.


I was obviously intrigued by the get-go. Patterson and Ledwidge did a really excellent job this time of adding plenty of twists and turns, which makes it really hard to review, because I don't want to spoil anything for you guys! All I can say is this book, with only 347 pages, is a quickie to read and the storyline is so gripping you'll want to do it all in one sitting!


My progress so far:
The Quickie by James Patterson
Rating: 4/5
Pages: 347
2012 Reading Goal: 6,855/15,000

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Leave your comment below!