Sunday, April 22, 2012

Book Review: Three to Get Deadly by Janet Evanovich

Good morning, readers!

I hope you're having an enjoyable Sunday so far! I was up so late last night reading that if felt good to sleep in!

One of the books I finished this weekend was Janet Evanovich's Three to Get Deadly.  It's the third book in the Stephanie Plum series. Back in January, I read One for the Money. In February, I read Two for the Dough (but didn't post a review). The series has 18 novels so far, so I've got some catching up to do! After reading the second, I ordered the third, fourth, and fifth books through Paperback Swap.

Here's the Goodreads summary for Three to Get Deadly:

A "saintly" old candy-store owner is on the lam-and bounty hunter extraordinaire Stephanie Plum is on the case. As the body count rises, Stephanie finds herself dealing with dead drug dealers and slippery fugitives on the chase of her life. And with the help of eccentric friends and family, Steph must see to it that this case doesn't end up being her last...

Stephanie Plum as a character draws me in every time. She's that reliable friend who pretends she's tougher than she is. She's curious and gets into trouble, yet manages to make it out safely each time. She's clumsy and doesn't listen, but aren't we all like that? This novel has a great chase that will draw readers in from the get-go. There's a little bit of a romantic tease in the novel, which is good. Evanovich has had a lot of sexual tension between Stephanie and Joe Morelli for the past three novels, and something finally happens....foreshadowing? Either way, this is a really fun, quick, light-hearted read. If you're interested in this series, don't hesitate picking it up any longer.


I'd like to catch up in the series, so I'm trying to read about one book a month. We'll see if that works...


Here's my stats:
Three to Get Deadly by Janet Evanovich
Rating: 4/5
Pages: 321
2012 Reading Goal: 7,502/15,000 <---Halfway point!



I'm so excited that I'm already halfway through my reading goal for the year! Hopefully I can keep up this much reading!

Happy Sunday, readers! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Leave your comment below!