Monday, April 30, 2012

Highlights: April 2012

Hello readers!

April was a wonderful month. Next year, it will be even better as Matt and I will be married! I'm getting ahead of myself. This is a recap of this past April...


Books:

This month I read the following:

Walking with Grandfather by Joseph M. Marshall III
Rating: 5/5          Pages: 115           Page Goal: 5,755/15,000
Split Second by David Baldacci
Rating: 5/5          Pages: 484           Page Goal: 6,239/15,000
Carry the One by Carol Anshaw
Rating: 3/5          Pages: 269           Page Goal: 6,508/15,000
The Quickie by James Patterson
Rating: 4/5          Pages: 347           Page Goal: 6,855/15,000
The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks
Rating: 5/5          Pages: 326           Page Goal: 7,181/15,000
Three to Get Deadly by Janet Evanovich
Rating: 4/5          Pages: 321           Page Goal: 7,502/15,000
The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
Rating: 5/5          Pages: 167           Page Goal: 7,669/15,000
Fire and Ice by Julie Garwood
Rating: 4/5          Pages: 375           Page Goal: 8,044/15,000
Without Mercy by Lisa Jackson
Rating: 3/5          Pages: 424           Page Goal: 8,468/15,000


These books created a total of 2,828 pages read in April. If I had to choose a favorite, it would have to be Split Second. Least favorite? Carry the One.


School:
I'm done with my current class, Management Principles and Practices, on May 10th. I won't start summer session until May 29th, so I'm really excited for the break!


Crafts:

Remember the skirt pattern here? It became a wadder. That is, I wadded it up and am done with it. The instructions were horrible, and I'm really disappointed in Simplicity right now. In the meantime, I'm looking for fun prints to sew up some adorable summer dresses that I have patterns for!


Travel:

Matt and I traveled to Spearfish, SD over Easter weekend to celebrate our 5-year anniversary. I love the Black Hills, and we had an awesome time. Some highlights of our trip:
  • Traveling through 3 states to get there. We had road construction through a large portion of North Dakota, so we hopped over the border into Montana, drove through for about 2 hours, hopped on the interstate and back into North Dakota, then went south to South Dakota. It sounds long, but it really didn't tack on more than an hour to the trip. Also, we were still able to see the Badlands. Love <3
  • Taking Matt gambling for the first time in Deadwood, SD. Matt had never done any gambling on a machine. Our first night in Spearfish, we headed over to Deadwood for some yummy dinner and fun times!
  • Getting a Sam's Club membership. We're lame, I know. We don't have one because our nearest Sam's club is 3 hours away in Bismarck, but I travel there all the time for work. Matt finally caved and we got a membership. Yay for savings!
  • Watching American Reunion. I was in middle school when the first of the American Pie series came out. Watching American Reunion was like finding out what to expect my life to be like in 5 years, only maybe a little less raunchy. Great movie!
  • Laser Tag with Matt. We were bored and found a place that had laser tag. That's right, it's for 24-year-olds too! What a fun, random way to spend time together!

Personal:

This month has been the calm before the storm, if you will. May is going to be so hectic with graduation and tons of travel, so this was my month to relax and take deep breaths.

Future:

Next month, you may not hear much from me. Here are my weekends in May:
1st weekend: engagement photos (it's about time!)
2nd weekend: Graduation at the college, going to B-town for Mother's Day weekend
3rd weekend: Iowa for conference for work. I'm excited...I've never been to the Midwest before!!!
4th weekend: Little Bro's high school graduation, going back to B-town

As you can see, I'll be doing lots of travel and probably not much reading/blogging. Yay for May!

Picture:


How did I get so lucky?
Taken while sitting in road construction traffic.

So, readers, what were your April 2012 highlights?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Leave your comment below!