Saturday, December 8, 2012

Book Review: Blindsighted by Karin Slaughter

Hello again, readers!

I'm just trying to get caught up on some of my book reviews before the New Year starts. I'm so far behind! Maybe I've just been reading faster than I can catch up... ;)

There are some authors out there that aren't very well known, but produce amazing quality work. Karin Slaughter is one of them. She's not too mainstream...you certainly won't see hype about her book like you do each release of a James Patterson. But seriously...she's awesome.

I read one of her books in the Grant County series, unaware:
1) the book was part of a series
2) how much I would end up loving Karin Slaughter's books
3) I would shortly become a Karin Slaughter book junkie. Seriously, I have 5 waiting to be read on my bookshelf.

Blindsighted was the perfect kickoff to the Grant County series. Here's the summary, courtesy of Goodreads:
A small Georgia town erupts in panic when a young college professor is found brutally mutilated in the local diner. But it's only when town pediatrician and coroner Sara Linton does the autopsy that the full extent of the killer's twisted work becomes clear.

Sara's ex-husband, police chief Jeffrey Tolliver, leads the investigation--a trail of terror that grows increasingly macabre when another local woman is found crucified a few days later. But he's got more than a sadistic serial killer on his hands, for the county's sole female detective, Lena Adams--the first victim's sister--wants to serve her own justice.

But it is Sara who holds the key to finding the killer. A secret from her past could unmask the brilliantly malevolent psychopath...or mean her death.

This was such a thrilling, exciting read. I was hooked in at the beginning, mostly by the drama that occurs within the first few pages. From the moment the body is discovered to the moment the killer was revealed, I was on the edge of my seat. Top that with a dramatic love story, and Karin Slaughter created the perfect thriller sundae.

I don't regret that I started this series out of order, but I will be reading the rest of the series in order. It's that good. I recommend this for anyone who loves thrillers--and doesn't mind a tad bit of gore.

Yearly Page Goal results:
Blindsighted by Karin Slaughter
Rating: 5/5
Pages: 376
2012 Reading Goal: 16,590/15,000

The books in this series include:
  1. Blindsighted
  2. Kisscut
  3. A Faint Cold Fear
  4. Indelible
  5. Faithless
  6. Beyond Reach
Questions for my readers:
1. Have you ever read any Karin Slaughter? What do you think?
2. Is there an author you've discovered who isn't exactly "mainstream" but probably should be?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Leave your comment below!