Sunday, December 30, 2012

The Sunday Post (9)

Hi everyone,

It's the last Sunday of the month, and you know what that means...

Time for another "Sunday Post"! The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer and offers us book bloggers a chance to show our readers books we recently received, and discuss any other bookish news.

I typically do these as vlogs, but this month I'm taking a break from that. Sorry, readers. Instead, here's a lovely picture and description of books received in December:


-----------

Kindle Books (pictured in the purple Kindle case!):

Simple Living: 30 Days to Less Stuff and More Life by Lorilee Lippincott
This was a free e-book available on Amazon earlier this week. It looks like a short (89 pages) read that may help me with organization, declutter, and sanity.  

One Pink Line by Dina Silver
I have been wanting to read this book forever, but never purchased it. Earlier in December it went on sale on Amazon for only 99 cents, so I snatched it immediately! Looking forward to the read!

-----------

Other Books:

Standoff by Sandra Brown
A friend brought me to a used bookstore and I was intrigued by this thriller. I've started to really love Sandra Brown, so I'm sure I'll enjoy this novel. I am surprised, though, to find it is only 261 pages; I don't know that I've ever seen a Brown novel this short!


Kisscut by Karin Slaughter
I'm still on my Karin Slaughter kick, which I'm sure you've all noticed. I'm going back and reading her Grant County series. I read the first one, which was already on my shelves, when I realized I didn't even own the second one. Paperback Swap fixed that issue for me :)

Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin
This is another series I'm reading out of order, darn it! Actually, I listened to Something Blue by Emily Giffin last year during the recruitment season, without even being aware it was part of this series! I enjoyed the second one, so I'm sure I'll really like the first--and it might clear up a few things for me, too!

Poor Little Bitch Girl by Jackie Collins
This novel is proof that I can't resist a good sale. I've only listened to one Jackie Collins novel before, and enjoyed it. Poor Little Bitch Girl was on sale at Amazon for just over $4, so I got it. Sometimes, I think Amazon Prime may be the worst investment I've made, simply because it's added so many books to my shelves! 


Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World that Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain
I'm sure most of you realize by now that I am anything but introverted. In fact, every time I've taken a test like the MBTI or other personality tests, I always score as extremely extroverted as possible. I've discovered through my management experiences how great of an asset introverts are to a team. I'm hoping this book will help me develop further understanding of introverts (as I obviously an so polar opposite) and how their abilities and personality can contribute to teams and our society.


The Twelve Tribes of Hattie by Ayana Mathis
This is the second book Oprah has chosen for Oprah's Book Club 2.0. Matt got it for me for Christmas. Awww <3 

Stiletto 911 by Vivian Valtas Schmidt and Sue PublicoverI'd be surprised if any of you, my readers, have heard of this. I actually think it may be an indie novel? Anyway, I found it on Paperback Swap a while ago and was really excited to read it. I've had it on my PBS wishlist for months now, and it just became avaialble. Bottom line: not well-known, but stellar reviews. Definitely worth picking up, I think!

-----------


So, readers, what did you get this month? Anything particularly exciting, either that you received for Christmas or purchased yourself?!?!

1 comment:

  1. Wow what a lovely Christmas haul, so exciting..i love new books :) Enjoy and thanks for sharing your goodies on The Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Leave your comment below!