Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Book Review: Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James

Hello Readers, and Merry Christmas! Hope yours was wonderful!

Some of you who haven't yet read the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy may have received it for Christmas. If you have and aren't yet on the third book, ignore this review for now and come back to it later.

Fifty Shades Freed is the third and final book in the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy. Here is the summary, courtesy of Goodreads:
When unworldly student Anastasia Steele first encountered the driven and dazzling young entrepreneur Christian Grey it sparked a sensual affair that changed both of their lives irrevocably. Shocked, intrigued, and, ultimately, repelled by Christian’s singular erotic tastes, Ana demands a deeper commitment. Determined to keep her, Christian agrees.

Now, Ana and Christian have it all—love, passion, intimacy, wealth, and a world of possibilities for their future. But Ana knows that loving her Fifty Shades will not be easy, and that being together will pose challenges that neither of them would anticipate. Ana must somehow learn to share Christian’s opulent lifestyle without sacrificing her own identity. And Christian must overcome his compulsion to control as he wrestles with the demons of a tormented past.

Just when it seems that their strength together will eclipse any obstacle, misfortune, malice, and fate conspire to make Ana’s deepest fears turn to reality.

You all know from past reviews I've posted that this is certainly not my favorite trilogy. And yet, I continue to read it. I have the strong need to know what the hype is about with this trilogy, and like to be able to converse with others who have read it. It also isn't such a horrible series that I have to motivate myself to pick up the book every time.

To be honest, I felt as though the third book, Fifty Shades Freed, was the worst of the three. There was action, excitement, stalkers, etc. in the first two. This one was extremely predictable and there wasn't much action. In fact, it probably made me dislike the main characters, Ana and Christian, more than I already had.

Bottom line? If you're into this trilogy, I guess it's worth the read. If you didn't care for the first two much, I wouldn't bother reading this one.

This was a November read. Here's where it got me in my page goal progress:
Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James
Rating: 2/5
Pages: 448
2012 Reading Goal: 18,458/15,000

Other books in this trilogy:
Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades Darker

Happy New Year, readers! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Leave your comment below!