Thursday, June 21, 2012

Book Review: The 8th Confession by James Patterson

Hi readers!

I apologize for my long absence. Lately I've felt like I'm on a treadmill in life--I'm running and running and really not going anywhere. Hopefully I'll be able to get caught up within the next few weeks, particularly on book reviews.

Somehow, I've found enough time to read, in spite of my busyness. I haven't figured out just how, but I think it has something to do with the bags and bags of coffee grounds I've gone through within the past month or so...

The 8th Confession
After reading James Patterson's 7th Heaven, I was so excited to continue the Women's Murder Club series. So, I picked up the next book in the series, The 8th Confession. Here's the Goodreads summary:



Someone is killing the richest people in the city - and the Women's Murder Club will pay a high price for hunting him. At the party of the year, San Francisco's most glamorous couple is targeted by a killer - and it's the perfect murder. While Detective Lindsay Boxer investigates the high-profile killings, a saintly street preacher is brutally executed. Reporter Cindy Thomas inquires into this neglected case and discovers the victim may have had very dark secrets.

As the search for two criminals tests the limits of the Women's Murder Club, Lindsay sees sparks fly between Cindy and Lindsay's partner, Detective Rich Conklin. The Club now faces its toughest challenge: Will love destroy all that the four friends have built?


As with all of Patterson's books, this was an extremely quick-moving novel. It captured me from the get-go and didn't let go until the end. With that said, there was some element missing. I wasn't as excited by the story line as I was in 7th Heaven. The choice of weapon, while intriguing, wasn't executed in the story line as I would have liked. To summarize, this one was just "okay," but not near the caliber I've come to expect from Patterson. In fact, this is the first of this series that I am not giving a 4/5 rating to. *sigh* Here's to hoping the 9th one will resume the excitement.


Here's where this book has put me for the year:


The 8th Confession by James Patterson
Rating: 3/5

Pages: 342
2012 Reading Goal: 10,309/15,000 (69% of the way done already. Woot woot!)


Has anyone else read this series? Did anyone else find the 8th novel to be lacking?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Leave your comment below!