Thursday, June 14, 2012

Book Review: 7th Heaven by James Patterson

Hi everyone!

Hope you're all having a great week! I'm still working to get caught up on my blog, schoolwork, and work. *sigh* One step at a time, right? I feel like my to-do lists are growing exponentially but my time and motivation are shrinking.

You probably can't tell, either, because this isn't a vlog, but I'm green. With envy. No, seriously. Many of the bloggers I follow went to the BEA conference in New York and they're coming back with tens (some are coming back with 100+) books. I want some! Then I look at my bookshelf and realize I currently have 170 books in my possession that I have yet to read. I feel like a child again--I don't want the books I have, I want to play with someone else's!

Aside from my envy, I'm taking these reviews bit by bit to get caught up. And trying not to read too much. Unfortunately, that's all I'm actually motivated to do.

I recently finished another book in the Women's Murder Club series: 7th Heaven. Here's the summary, courtesy of Goodreads:

The Women's Murder Club faces not one-but two-terrifying cases that may tear it apart. The teenage son of California's ex-governor has mysteriously vanished-and the pressure on Detective Lindsay Boxer to find him is overwhelming. When she finally does get a lead, it's devastating. At the same time, Lindsay and her partner, Rich Conklin, must investigate mysterious fires that are destroying some of San Francisco's most beautiful homes-and leaving their owners dead in the debris. But when Lindsay enlists her friends in the Women's Murder Club to help uncover the arsonist, the blazes suddenly rage much too close to home . . . and the detective's life may go up in flames.

 I'm not a huge series person, but Patterson has me hooked. This novel in particular was extremely juicy. The suspects and victims were intriguing, the drama in Lindsay's life is exciting, and the murders were original. I couldn't put this book down, and devoured it in one morning. For those of you who have started the series, this definitely gives you something to look forward to.


Here are my stats:
7th Heaven by James Patterson
Rating: 4/5
Pages: 353
2012 Reading Goal: 9,697/15,000


Patterson just recently released the 11th novel in the Women's Murder Club series. I'm almost caught up on the series, and hope to be by the release of the 12th one.


Happy Thursday, readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Leave your comment below!