This is the first post to kick-start Armchair BEA. I'm excited!!!
The topic for this post is an introduction. On Armchair BEA's website, they have listed 10 questions for book bloggers like myself to look at as an interview. Fortunately, we are only asked to choose 5 of those questions to answer, then hop around to other sites participating in Armchair BEA.
Here are the questions (with answers) I chose:
- Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?
- I'm Leah (I think that's obvious from my blog's title). I work at a college in North Dakota and LOVE my job. I began blogging in October 2010. My job requires me to travel frequently, so I found myself feeling the need for an outlet of some kind. I lived alone at the time, so I would travel, work, and be at home alone. Blogging allowed me an outlet to not only share my passion with others, but also to give me a sense of responsibility and personal satisfaction.
- What is your favorite feature on your blog (i.e. author interviews, memes, something specific to your blog)?
- Something I have started on my blog and am LOVING is my "highlights" feature. At the end of every month, I recap what I did during the past month--which books I read, if I did any crafts, travel, etc. I also look at what the future has for me on the horizon.
- If you could eat dinner with any author or character, who would it be and why?
- Hands-down, it would be John Steinbeck. How was he able to capture the inspiration and so eloquently put it into words? He has been my literary hero for ages.
- What literary location would you most like to visit? Why?
- That's a tie between Stephen King's house and Shakespeare's house. Either way, I would hope for their talent to rub off on me.
- What is your favorite part about the book blogging community? Is there anything that you would like to see change in the coming years?
- I love that it's so connected. I just recently joined Twitter, too, and am now seeing this literary world I never knew existed.
As far as the future, I would love to see more non-YA bloggers like myself. Sometimes I feel a little alone, as though I'm the only adult who doesn't have 60% or more of their blog dedicated to YA novels. It would be nice for me to be able to follow more blogs without the YA focus.
Well, readers, that's what I've got for today's theme. Tune in tomorrow for the opening of my giveaway for Fifty Shades of Grey. The giveaway will close on Friday, June 8th.
Happy reading! :)