Thursday, July 7, 2011

Remember Me?

Are you sick of me yet? I've been a little crazy on the posting, but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing...

On Monday, I had one of the best days I've had in a long time. It was one of those days where you pick up a book in the morning or early afternoon, and when you put it down it's close to midnight. I completed reading The Bricklayer and started on a TBR book that has been on my shelf far too long. I purchased Sophie Kinsella's Remember Me? probably about three years ago at B&N. I've been saving it for a rainy day. All of us have those books, right? The one you know you'll love, so you want to save it for a time when you need to be comforted by the familiarity of it?

I decided to give in on Monday, even though it wasn't rainy. I needed the comfort of a book I'd love, and you all know I've read an unhealthy amount of Patterson novels. This book was was worth it. I should start by letting you all know how much I love Sophie Kinsella (pen name for Madeline Wickham). In fact, I've been meaning to reread the whole series of Confessions of a Shopaholic. After all, it's been a whole 5 years since I last read them ;) Remember Me, while just as silly and predictable as the rest of Kinsella's novels, is a fun, light, quick read. I literally laughed out loud several times. If you're a fan of Kinsella novels, move this to the top of your list.
Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella
Rating: 4/5
Pages: 389
2011 Reading Goal: 5,853/12,500

As I had mentioned in a previous post, I have filtered through a bit of my bookshelf to make room for more. Now I'm debating whether I should donate my formerly loved novels to the library or do giveaways on my blog. Thoughts? Please vote in the poll at the bottom of this blog. The poll ends July 31st.

Have a wonderful upcoming weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I love Kinsella. I have all her books and i just bought her lastest copy last Friday. I think you should get that one. I would love to see your review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love her too! I'm on the waiting list on Paperback Swap to receive her newest one, I've Got Your Number. I've got plenty of books to read in the meantime, but I'm still really looking forward to it! :)

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Leave your comment below!