Monday, July 4, 2011

The Brick Layer

I'm back again, already! I had started a novel last week and finished it up today, so I thought I might as well blog about it while it's on my mind.

My brother and sister-in-law gave me a large stack of books for Christmas, and I'm slowly working through them. This was one of them: The Bricklayer by Noah Boyd. The back cover gave a pretty unclear description of what the novel was about, but indicated there would be a good mystery with the FBI. The novel itself was well written with likeable characters. It could have been more consuming, but the chapters ended in the wrong spots, so there were no cliff hangers. Although the ending was a surprise twist, I think I would have been more excited by it had there been more cliff hangers throughout. It was a good, quick read and I recommend it for those interested in a good mystery.

It appears as though this is Noah Boyd's first novel. He'll be coming out with a sequel, Agent X, on July 26th. It's one I anticipate I'll read, but it may not be worth purchasing, so I'll try to find a copy at my local library.

The Bricklayer by Noah Boyd
Rating: 3/5
Pages: 390
2011 Reading Goal: 5,464/12,500

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Leave your comment below!