Saturday, November 13, 2010

North Dakotan

Yesterday, I changed my residency: I am now officially a North Dakotan.

I'm filled with bittersweet feelings on this subject. I have a passion for Montana and everything it stands for. I miss it a lot, even though I'm only 20 miles away. But ultimately, this change reflects a new stage in my life. I really love my job, enough to sacrifice my MT residency. Maybe this just means I need to spend some time reflecting on my values. I don't know that I've been able to comprehend yet that I will always be a Montanan at heart, in spite of what drivers license I hold. Until I was actually in college, I had never thought I'd want to live in Montana forever. I had imagined I'd eagerly trade my license in for an Alaska, Washington, or Oregon license upon graduation. Things change, though, I guess.

Work is going well, but definitely keeping me busy. This week was really nice because we got a holiday on Veteran's day, so the campus was closed. That was my day to play catch-up, and now I feel like I can actually breathe. Thank goodness.

Next week I get to see my family in my hometown. I haven't seen them in 3 months, so it will be nice to visit. I'm traveling for some college fairs, then will return to my hometown for Thanksgiving the following week. Woo hoo!

In other news, I would like to recognize two very special people in my life who have birthdays today. My mom, who has been an inspiration to me in every aspect of my life. And Yahtzee, the best roommate I've ever had. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

1 comment:

  1. Awww Thank You! I cannot believe I am 23 already. Two more years until I can officially rent a car, and until my insurance goes to a normal rate.

    And, I have thought a lot about people and how I feel that you get one good soul-roommate. By this I mean someone who you truly mesh with both in living style and personality type. And you were definitely mine.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Leave your comment below!