Saturday, November 20, 2010

I don't like titles...

...because I feel they pigeon-hole my thoughts. For example, if I title my blog "Starbucks Coffee," it will be your expectation that I discuss Starbucks coffee somewhere in my blog. Well, I don't want to talk about it. I may never make a title again.


This is what I woke up to this morning. Look. It's all gray and white and gross outside. You know what that means? I'm going to stay inside aaaallllllllll day...drinking coffee, hot chocolate, blogging, and, I'm sure, reading. I could clean, but the garbage is outside and I want to avoid outside at all costs. Including the cost of a gross apartment. And I'm slightly lazy. This Weekend Warrior thing? I don't know that I'm cut out for it. Maybe there's a reason I wasn't bred to be a Weekend Warrior. Maybe it's because I'm such a great blogger :P and should concentrate all my energy on that. Kidding.

I heard that sigh of relief, audience!

It is quite drafty in my room and I was planning to get some curtains today for my bedroom. But 2 inches of snow?!?!? Not worth leaving unless it's necessary to survival. I'm a pansy like that. I do worry, though, about Max. Max is my iMac. He sits right by the drafty window, in spite of this gross weather. Poor Max. Those curtains were mainly being purchased for him. Maybe I'll have to brave the weather anyway.

Just so you know, I don't really have anything specific to talk about today, so if you're looking for a point to this blog, please stop trying, and perhaps close this tab. I have a feeling this will go on and on forever. Or until my coffee is done brewing, whichever event comes first.

So I bought this great candle at Target on clearance (only $3.24, woo hoo!) called "Warm Caramel Apple". It is amazing. If you live near a Target, please go out and get one right now! And buy one for me, too, because mine's almost gone :(

My coffee is done brewing. Yet, unsurprisingly, I am not done talking--er, blogging. Lucky for you readers, right? Seriously, you have no obligation to continue reading. I actually recommend against the continuation of reading this blog. It will waste your entire day. Or morning. Or whenever. Because I'm good at talking. I get paid to talk. It's a glorious life, don't ya think?

How soon is too soon to begin writing New Year's resolutions? I usually have mine ironed out around Christmas day, but this year I have the urge to develop them early. Is that socially acceptable? I don't care. I'm doing it. I'm excited for a New Year. Not that this one hasn't been great, I just know there will be lots of exciting changes happening next year. This year's excitement is almost over :(

My hands are freezing as I'm typing this. Maybe I do need to brave the snow and buy a curtain for this room. Or maybe, I'll just brew more coffee and cling tightly to the mug to warm up my fingers.

I think I'm done blogging for now. I'm going to surf and creep around on the internet, but I may be back. This may be the blog that never ends. I feel sorry for my readers right now. I hope you haven't actually continued reading this far, in spite of my desperate attempts to deter you from doing so.

Have a great Saturday!

This is me. As a velociraptor.
UPDATE: I did make it to the store. I even went 35 mph at one point. It was just snow, no ice, so everything was ok. I was able to get my curtains and the new curtain rod. The curtains surprisingly perfectly match my teal bedding.  This made me very happy. They're also still the block-all-sunlight-and-cold-and-heat-and-velociraptors kind. Well, there isn't a guarantee on the package that they block velociraptors, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did. They'll at least block you from seeing them out your window!



Speaking of raptors, I've been Reah da Raptor all around my apartment today. All alone. It makes me feel like a doofus, but at least I'm happy! Also, slightly overcaffeinated. While at the store, I discovered the most wonderful product known to man:

Coffeemate Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer!!!

So, naturally, when I arrived home, I had to try it. With coffee. And it tastes so good, so much like a real peppermint mocha latte, that I can't stop drinking it! And I don't have decaff coffee (because, let's face it, what is the point of that?!?!), so I'm getting perhaps a little too wound up right now.

So...I'm sure I'll be back on here soon enough. Or raptor running through your neighborhood.

2 comments:

  1. Ramble On Leah, ramble on. lol

    I saw something I just had to get you for Christmas! I will get it in the mail soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh snow!! I cannot wait for the first snow over here! (Although I'll probably be sick of it 3 days later.)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Leave your comment below!