Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Highlights: January 2013

 I cannot believe we're already beginning the second month of 2013. Where has time gone?!?!
Official wedding countdown: 66 days! :)


Books:
This month I read the following:
 
January 2013: (2,886 pages)
The 9th Judgement by James Patterson
Rating: 4/5          Pages: 355           Page Goal: 355/21,500
The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
Rating: 4/5          Pages: 302           Page Goal: 657/21,500
Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult
Rating: 4/5          Pages: 502           Page Goal: 1,159/21,500
Hot Six by Janet Evanovich
Rating: 4/5          Pages: 336           Page Goal: 1,495/21,500
Kisscut by Karin Slaughter
Rating: 4/5          Pages: 420           Page Goal: 1,915/21,500
The Personal Shopper by Carmen Reid
Rating: 2/5          Pages: 432           Page Goal: 2,347/21,500
Blackberry Winter by Sarah Jio
Rating: 4/5          Pages: 320           Page Goal: 2,667/21,500
Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling
Rating: 4/5          Pages: 219           Page Goal: 2,886/21,500

I'm definitely taking strides toward meeting my page goal, but this is by far the heftiest page goal I've set. I am nervous that I may fall behind and not catch up, but we'll have to see what this year brings!

I also want to warn you, readers, that I'm probably going to be behind on reviews for a while. I may not get caught up until after the wedding. Let me know if there's a particular book you'd like to see reviewed sooner than my deadline of "whenever," though, and I'd be happy to post that review! :)
 
School:
I'm currently enrolled in a Management Information Systems (MIS) course and am really loving it! While I'm not big on computers, I am interested in how different software and data programs can assist us in our daily tasks. I'm also obsessed with social media, which now influences many facets of MIS.

Crafts:
Considering how cold it's been, I should probably be making scarves and blankets; but alas, all my crafts right now are centerpieces and other wedding DIY projects...

Travel:
I'll be seeing more travel this winter than last. I've already taken one trip to my hometown, but have 3 more planned before the wedding. I'll also be spending four days in my state's Capital in February, and five days in our nation's Capital in March.

Personal:
I found a planner. I went with a filofax. Seriously? Amazing :)
I'll try to upload a picture of it soon.

Future:
Plans for the wedding are coming together, but still keeping me plenty busy. Between work, working out, volunteer work organizations, and school, I'm having to squeeze wedding planning in where I can. It should go ok though :)

Picture:
This was our delicious New Year's Day dinner...Surf 'n Turf! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Leave your comment below!