Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Book Review: Dirty Blonde by Lisa Scottoline


Hello, readers!

I hope your new year is off to a great start! Mine has been going well, but I'm definitely still catching up on 2012, so please bear with me.

One book I read in December was Dirty Blonde by Lisa Scottoline. Here's the summary, courtesy of Goodreads:
Cate Fante is strong and sexy and wears designer suits like overpriced armor. She's just become a judge but leads a dark double life that she hides from everyone.

Her cover is blown when a high-profile case in her courtroom takes a stunning turn. Overnight the tabloids tell her secret, her boyfriend dumps her, and her new career hangs in tatters. But Cate's troubles are only beginning. An enemy no one anticipated sends her running for her life, and she'll have to fight her way back to the truth . . . or die trying.


I think I've admitted already that I don't find Lisa Scottoline to be a great author. I've read a few of her books now and am just not a big fan. People magazine calls this novel "a breathless thriller," but I did not find that to be the case. The main character in this novel is developed very well, as are the other characters. It's the story line that I felt really dragged, and wasn't all that exciting to begin with. I felt like there were some attempts at climatic moments, but when they came, they just didn't do it for me.

It wasn't horrible, but it's probably not one at the top of my recommendation list, either.

Going back to 2012 stats...:
Dirty Blonde by Lisa Scottoline
Rating: 3/5
Pages: 410
2012 Reading Goal: 19,377/15,000

Questions for my readers:
  1. Have you read any Lisa Scottoline? What are your thoughts?
  2. If you had to choose importance in a novel, which would you pick: character development or plot?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Leave your comment below!