Thursday, December 2, 2010

You People...

Perhaps I'm ready to be done traveling? I sat down to type of a FB status update and ended up writing this poem. It may make some of you laugh. I will finally be done traveling (at least for this semester) one week from today.

You people...
You people who wake up knowing where you are...
You people who stay in the same time zone day after day...
You people who use a refrigerator, not just a cooler...
You people who have the opportunity to freshly grind your Starbucks coffee beans every morning...
You people who get to nap on couches instead of in cars outside high schools...
You people who don't drive around strange towns in search of unprotected wifi...
You people who live out of closets instead of suitcases...
You people who have stoves and ovens to cook your food, not just a microwave if you're lucky...
You people who use plush towels instead of overbleached white ones...
You people who don't spend every Sunday packing and driving...
You people...
I envy you people.
And one day, one day very soon, I will become one of you.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm.
    Yeah. That's sort of like an odd brand of camping....
    And I don't absolutely LOVE camping.
    Congrats and getting to settle down for a little while!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Leave your comment below!