Saturday, December 11, 2010

Double Cross

Good evening, readers!

With just under a foot of snow from yesterday (that's right--the news reported it to be 11.5 inches--yuck!), I swore I would not leave my apartment all day. Now I'm glad that I didn't. I've been wrapped up in James Patterson's novel Double Cross, and was able to start and finish it today.

About a month (maybe 2 months?) ago, I had reviewed Cross by James Patterson and informed everyone about the series of Alex Cross novels. If you haven't read it, click here: Snickerdoodle Coffee. This is the second novel within a somewhat mini-series of Patterson's Cross series. If you are a Patterson fan and haven't started on this series, please do! They just keep getting better and better!

In this particular one, Alex Cross is being hunted by two serial killers--one of them a killer who loves a large audience, and the other is The Mastermind (He's baaa-aaacccckkkk!). To complicate things, Cross is on an investigation with his girlfriend Detective Bree Stone, and us readers know Patterson has no problem killing off Cross's significant others. Patterson keeps the excitement up until the end, and I'll give a little spoiler: one of the two serial killers walks. Dun dun dun!

Here are my stats for this one:
Rating: 9/10
Pages: 389
2010 Reading Goal: 10,501/10,000

If you haven't voted yet for my page goal for next year, please do! It's the poll located at the bottom of each page of my blog. I'm extending the poll's closing date, but not by much.

So...that's what I've got about books. I've also completed wrapping Christmas gifts and will be mailing those off this week. Today, I was able to clean more of my apartment and make a delicious dinner (chicken breast stuffed with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese; whole grain penne pasta; green beans; a glass of Gewurztraminer wine, and sugar cookies for dessert!). Weekend Warrior? We'll see how tomorrow goes ;)

1 comment:

  1. I've only read one Patterson book at it was pretty weird but based on your review I might have to give this one a look.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Leave your comment below!