Thursday, October 28, 2010

Midwestern Moron

I have decided I should make "Midwestern Moron" a screen name, because I sure feel like one right now! I left for the week and didn't turn my heat on. Now my apartment is freezing. Honestly, I'm pretty sure there was fog in my apartment when I came home.

It doesn't really help that I don't quite understand yet how to work my heater. It gets really really hot in my apartment. I don't know if there's no temperature regulator or what. Man, do I feel like an idiot. The heat's probably 20 years old, and I'm so dimwitted when it comes to the most simple things.

The week traveling went well. Snowy. Eww. But overall not too bad. Wanna know what is bad? I dread Fridays. How terrible! Not even kidding, though. There's so much I can't do while I'm on the road and meetings I need to be in, so everything gets scheduled for the one day I'm back. It's typical for me to work at least 10-12 hours on a Friday, with no lunch. Sickening.

Tomorrow is Friday. My stomach is churning with anxiety. Can I call in sick? I try to take Saturdays off, but because of that usually end up putting in at least 4-6 hours on Sunday. Then I pack. I leave again. Trust me, I love my job, but I could really use a break right now. Maybe a weekend--one full weekend-- off from work.

ha ha ha ha ha...I believe it'll be months before I make it to that point.

Also, I found a coffee shop in Bismarck-- called "Coffee Break"-- that charges $2.00 for 30 minutes of internet. WHAT?!?!?

It should be illegal for coffee shops to charge for internet. Especially when it's $4.00 an hour! If I ever become ruler of the world--which, unfortunately, is not likely--coffee shops will all have free wireless internet for customers. Also, time zones will change on state borders only, so I do not mess up again when visiting Bowman, ND.

In spite of my dreadful, torturous Fridays, I hope you all have a fabulous day tomorrow. Stay warm and TGIF!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Leave your comment below!