Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Couponing Queen!

I can't even begin to describe what I'm thankful for. To be honest, sometimes I don't realize just how thankful I am for life's blessings until I am forced to turn to them. I've talked on this blog a bit about couponing before. It's a fun activity, yes, but I'm so blessed to be able to coupon and have the stockpile I do.

Earlier this semester, I tried playing keep-up, but failed. Miserably. My work and grad school class consumed so much of my life that I had no extra time. Sometimes those two obligations would interfere with my sleep, and often Matt and I were unable to spend any time together. For eight weeks, we hardly saw each other at all. In this time, we were both too busy to go grocery shopping. We were too busy to clip coupons, scour sale ads, and make lists. We were just trying to stay above water.

I never realized before just how fortunate we are to have a 3 month supply of food and other household products around. If anything were to happen to either of us, we would be okay. That kind of insurance policy is why I started couponing in the first place--in addition to the desire to save money.

Anyway, my grad school class is over. I've been trying to catch up on everything in my life, including couponing. I know it doesn't sound like it should be a priority, especially with a stockpile like mine, but I realized the value of couponing when I was unable to do so. If not for couponing, Matt and I would have either only gotten take-out (unhealthy and expensive) or just not eaten much at all.

This was my second week back into "the swing of things," and I had a really great couponing haul I'd like to share with everyone.


This was my haul, which totaled $79.13.

Here's what I got:
5 boxes of General Mills cereal
Cottonelle TP
4 bags Hershey's chocolate chips
6 cans of Green Giant veggies
4 cans Dole Pineapple
2 loaves Sweetheart bread (not pictured)
1 Softsoap hand soap (this ended up being free after coupons)
2 bags Green Giant frozen veggies
2.08 lbs Serloin Steak
3.88 lbs pork loins
3.21 lbs stew meat
bananas
apples
spaghetti squash

I saved 46% on this shopping trip, so I'm happy! I know these numbers are not what you see in Extreme Couponing, but this is a realistic shopping trip, not one staged for TV.

If you and your family would like to have an insurance policy or be able to feed yourselves through tough times, I recommend you research if couponing is the right path for you.

And now I'll stop bragging. Have a great day, everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Leave your comment below!