Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Highlights: July 2012

I knew July would fly by, but it's still amazing to me that it's over!


Books:
This month I read the following:
Four to Score by Janet Evanovich
Rating: 3/5          Pages: 313           Page Goal: 12,956/15,000
Blaze by Stephen King writing as Richard Bachman
Rating: 3/5          Pages: 340           Page Goal: 13,296/15,000
A Girl Named Summer by Julie Garwood
Rating: 2/5          Pages: 176           Page Goal: 13,472/15,000
The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls
Rating: 4/5          Pages: 288           Page Goal: 13,760/15,000
Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks
Rating: 4/5          Pages: 382           Page Goal: 14,142/15,000

These books total 1,186 pages for the month; not so bad, considering I was traveling so much!

As you can see, I didn't rate any of these books 5/5; however, of this selection, my favorite book was The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls. Stay tuned for my review!


School:
I finished my summer classes! Yay! I don't start classes again until August 20th, so I do have a few weeks off. The problem? Working in higher ed, the weeks before classes start are the busiest weeks of the year! Hopefully it won't be too bad--this will be my first fall semester juggling my job (usually 60+ hours per week in the fall) and my classes. Wish me luck!

Crafts:
Would you believe that I haven't touched my crafts this month? Best of intentions, I brought a crocheting project with me on the Wisconsin trip...but I left my pattern at home, so I had no idea what to do with the project. Good job, smarty...


Travel:
July was a super super busy month for travel! I went to B-town (hometown), the first weekend. The second weekend, Matt and I drove to Wisconsin to see his family. The 3rd weekend I flew to Cleveland for a conference. I returned on a Sunday, and on Monday flew out for Chicago. I returned from Chicago on Thursday and am glad to be home.

August brings some travels, too. I'll be working at a local county fair, so I'll be commuting one hour each way every day Wednesday--Saturday. This will make for 13 hour days. Then, the following week, I've got a conference in Sioux Falls, SD. After that, I have to stay put for inservice, orientation, and classes to begin. Will I ever get a break?!?!? :)

Personal:
Save the Dates for our wedding arrived and went out in the mail! Next task? Find a catering service...

Future:
I usually don't even have time to breathe in August. This year will be no different, as I take on more as I continue in my professional career. So my goal is just to make it out of August alive and with minimal dark circles under my eyes.

Picture:
Lighthouse where we stayed in Wisconsin...
BEAUTIFUL!!!


So, readers, what were your July 2012 highlights?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Leave your comment below!