Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Book Review: The 6th Target

 Hello again, readers!


I'm trying really hard to get caught up on my book reviews, since I know I'll be absent for a few weeks starting Saturday. Today I completed John Grisham's The Last Juror, so watch for that as my next review.


At the beginning of this month I read The 6th Target by James Patterson. It's his sixth novel in the Women's Murder Club series. Below is the Goodreads summary:

When a horrifying attack leaves one of the four members of the Women's Murder Club struggling for her life, the others fight to keep a madman behind bars before anyone else is hurt. And Lindsay Boxer and her new partner in the San Francisco police department run flat-out to stop a series of kidnappings that has electrified the city: children are being plucked off the streets together with their nannies--but the kidnappers aren't demanding ransom. Amid uncertainty and rising panic, Lindsay juggles the possibility of a new love with an unsolvable investigation, and the knowledge that one member of the club could be on the brink of death. And just when everything appears momentarily under control, the case takes a terrifying turn, putting an entire city in lethal danger. Lindsay must make a choice she never dreamed she'd face--with no certainty that either outcome has more than a prayer of success.

What was different about this particular novel in the series is that I felt it revolved much more around Lindsay, and the other three women in the Club were put on the backburner. Without that interaction and drama in the relationships, this novel really juiced more of the criminal acts occurring. Patterson tends to focus on the crimes and catching the bad guy. In The 6th Target, Patterson has decided to follow a court hearing for a crime in the beginning of the novel. Alongside this story is the whodunit, common with Patterson's novels.


Overall, it was a good read. It made me reexamine my thoughts on Lindsay Boxer, the main character. I recommend this novel for anyone following the Women's Murder Club series.


My stats:
The 6th Target by James Patterson
Rating: 4/5
Pages: 390
2011 Reading Goal: 7570/12500

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Leave your comment below!